WBSSC Teacher Recruitment 2016 – 2256 West Bengal SLST Assistant Teacher Posts Apply Online
West Bengal School Service Commission (WBSSC) has issued much anticipated publication seeking applications from the aspirants of the state for the post of Physical and Work Education Teacher. The board is all set to recruit merit candidates for Assistant Teacher posts. The board is inviting applications from the aspirants of the state for the available 2256 vacancies in the state. All the interested and eligible candidates of the state are advised to hurry up and apply for the available vacancies on or before the last date of application submission. The applications will be accepted through online mode via the official website of WBSSC i.e., www.westbengalssc.com.
WBSSC will conduct SLST Exam (State Level Selection Test) to recruit merit candidates for the posts available. Aspirant who wants to settle down as teachers can make use of this wonderful opportunity and apply for the position as soon as possible. Young and talented candidates can go through the official notification and get a hold of the information before applying for the posts. The notification will contain the immediate details about the vacancies which the applicants need to be aware of.
West Bengal SSC Assistant Teacher Recruitment 2016-17
WBSSC will be accepting applications online from the eligible contenders of the state starting from 19th December. The applications will be accepted until 30th December this year. There are not many days left for the wrap up of the last date. So, interested contenders are advised to hurry up and apply for the available positions on or before the last date. We earnestly suggest the contenders to go through the official notification before applying for the position. Contenders can also get the info from our page. We have listed out all the important details like educational qualification, application fee, important dates, vacancy details etc in our page below. Check them out!
WBSSC Assistant Teacher Notification
As per the official notification that was released by WBSSC, there are a total of 2256 vacancies for Assistant teacher post. There are 1019 vacancies in Physical Education department and 1237 vacancies in Word education department. The vacancies are divided between various regions. Shortlisted aspirants will be allotted into jobs in West Bengal only.
Region wise Vacancy Details:
Assistant Teacher (Physical Education)
- Eastern Region: 180 posts
- Northern Region: 308 posts
- Southern Region: 205 posts
- Western Region: 183 posts
- South Eastern Region: 143 posts
Assistant Teacher (Work Education)
- Eastern Region: 211 posts
- Northern Region: 360 posts
- Southern Region: 256 posts
- Western Region: 214 posts
- South Eastern Region: 196 posts
Eligibility Criteria for WBSSC Teacher Recruitment 2016
Applicants need to satisfy certain criteria to apply for the available positions. Applicants of Physical education job should have senior secondary education with at least 50% marks and minimum two year Diploma/Certificate in Physical education. Applicants of work education post should have graduation or post graduation degree in respective to work education. The age limit of the applications should fall between 20 years and 40 years. Upper age limit is applicable for the reserved category candidates as per the norms of West Bengal government.
The application fee is different for different category candidates. For General and OBC candidates, the application fee is Rs. 250/- and for SC/ST/PH candidates it is Rs. 80/-. Other than the application fee, candidates must pay Rs.5/ as Bank charges and Rs. 22/- as processing fees of Sahaj Tathya Mitra Kendra. Shortlisted candidates will receive a good pay scale as per the norms of WBSSC. The selection of the candidates will be purely based on the merit shown by the candidates in the selection rounds. The selection process includes written exam followed by academic qualifications including professional qualifications, followed by personality test. The first two rounds carry 55 marks and 35 marks each while the last round carries 10 marks.
- Online application submission starts from: 19th December 2016
- Last date to submit online applications: 30th December 2016
- Last Date to Deposit Fee at Bank: 5th January 2017
- Tentative Date of SLST Exam: Updated soon
How to apply for WBSSC Assistant Teacher Recruitment 2016-17
- Go visit the official website of WBSSC i.e., westbengalssc.com.
- In the official website, click on the official notification and read it thoroughly.
- Now click on the application form and fill in the details.
- Upload scanned copies of recent passport size photograph and signature.
- Save your Application form and Password for future reference.
- Take a printout of the application form and E-Challan.
- Pay the application fee and bank charges at Allahabad Bank.
- Take a printout of application and Challan.
Important Links :