Current Affairs 30th January 2016
Current Affairs is the most important section of any of the competitive examination. For the people attempting the present time competitive examinations, we have decided to upload the daily current affairs. Hence all the competitors who are facing various bank examinations, railway examinations, Civils and various critical examinations can book mark our page for GA Bits / GK Bits. Here we will update on regular basis.
Morton Mower, Michael Marmot wins 2015 Prince Mahidol Award
- Morton Mower (US), Sir Michael Marmot (UK) have won the prestigious 2015 Prince Mahidol Award for their extraordinary accomplishments in the global human services area. Thailand’s kiing Bhumibol Adulyadej gave the grants on them two at a function held in Bangkok, Thailand.
- Morton Mower: He has won this recompense in solution classification for concocting Automatic Implantable Cardioverter Defibrillator (AICD). AICD is a gadget that screens heart rate and musicality and conveys electrical current when variation from the norm is recognized.
- Sir Michael Marmot: He has on the grant in general wellbeing classification for his proof based assessment of the part of Social Determinants of Health. His idea has been embraced by the British government and World Health Organization (WHO) to dispense with wellbeing disparities. About Prince Mahidol Award It is a yearly honor of Thailand’s Royal Family presented to persons or association for their exceptional accomplishments in medication and general wellbeing around the world.
- The grant was set up by the King Rama IX Bhumibol Adulyadej in 1992 on the event of the 100th Anniversary of the conception of his dad, Prince Mahidol. The grant is given every year in two classifications (i) For remarkable advancement in prescription (ii) For the dynamic advancement of general wellbeing. It comprises of an award, a testament and prize cash of US 100,000 dollars.
Puducherry Lt Governor AK Singh dispatches MITRA application
- Lieutenant Governor of Puducherry Ajay Kumar Singh has dispatched the MITRA application to guarantee assurance of ladies, youngsters and the elderly in time of misery. MITRA (Mobile Initiated Tracking and Rescue) application has been created by Puducherry Police office in relationship with National Informatics Center (NIC).
- Elements of MITRA application It is cell phone (Android) based application that offers ladies to end crisis SOS (some assistance with alerting) messages when they are risk or pain.
- The application gets propelled consequently and sends SMS having client’s exact area to the closest police headquarters and to their 3 enrolled numbers. It doesn’t require a web association and in a matter of seconds is accessible just in advanced mobile phones.
Dr. Kamlesh Kumar Pandey selected as Chief Commissioner for Persons with Disabilities
- Union Government has designated Dr. Kamlesh Kumar Pandey as the Chief Commissioner for Persons with Disabilities (CCPD) for a time of three years. Preceding this arrangement, Dr. Pandey was connected with NGO Saksham working in the field of handicap.
- He is a Science Graduate from University of Allahabad and Medical Graduate from Agra University in 1990. He was additionally related NGO with Sewa Bharti and there he had worked in restoration of ghetto tenants. He was likewise connected with NGO Akhil Bhartiya Dristihin Kalyan Sangh which is working for outwardly tested persons.
- Chief Commissioner for Persons with Disabilities (CCPD) The CCPD is designated by the Central Government from persons having uncommon information or commonsense involvement in matters identifying with restoration of Persons with Disabilities.
- Office of CCPD is statutory government organization working under the aegis of Union Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment. It has been set up according to the procurements of Persons with Disabilities (Equal Opportunities, Protection of Rights and Full Participation) Act, 1995.
- The Chief Commissioner has been vested with the force of a common court under the Code of Civil Procedure (CCP). Capacities: It is ordered to find a way to defend the privileges of persons with handicaps.
- Find a way to shield the rights and offices made accessible to persons with handicaps. Submit reports to the Central Government on the usage of the Persons with Disabilities Act, 1995. Coordinate the work of the state Governments’ and UT Commissioners to screen the usage of assets dispensed by the Union Government.