Important Daily Current Affairs 31st August 2017
- International Day of the Victims of Enforced Disappearances Considered on 30 August
The International Day of the Victims of Enforced Disappearances was seen over the world on 30 August 2017. The day was first seen in 2011 after an affirmation by the United Nations General Assembly. The presentation took after the adoption of the International Convention for the Protection of All Persons from Enforced Disappearance by the Assembly on 20 December 2006.
- GST collects 92,283 in First Month after implementation on 1st July 2017
The goods and services tax, GST, which was launched on 1 July, has off to a decent start, with collection surpassing the revenue target for its first month. As indicated by the Finance Minister Arun Jaitley, taxes worth Rs 92,283 crore gathered in July from only 64.42 percent of the all taxpayer base.
- Sri Lankan Selectors resigns after humiliating defeat from India
The Sri Lankan selection board which is led by Sanath Jayasuriya resigned from the workplace on 29 August 2017. The resignation came after a very poor performance by the national team in Test and ODI series against India. In the test series, Sri Lankan was whitewashed 3-0 by India, and in ODI series also they are trailing 0-3 in the five-match one-day international (ODI) arrangement. The board will end their parts from 7 September 2017, the day after the last game in the bilateral series against India.
- PM Modi to Attend ninth BRICS Summit in China
PM Narendra Modi will go to the 9th BRICS Summit, Xiamen in China’s Fujian region from 3rd to 5thof September. Additionally, the Prime Minister will pay a State visit to Myanmar from September 5th to 7th. This will be Prime Minister Modi’s first bilateral State visit to Myanmar. The eighth BRICS Summit was held on 16th October 2016 in Goa, India. BRICS nations incorporate Brazil, Russia, India, China, and South Africa.
- Shri Rajnath Singh Introduce “YUVA – A Skill Development Program”
The Union Home Minister Shri Rajnath Singh initiated the YUVA – a skill development program. It is an activity by Delhi Police under Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana. Delhi Police has tied up with National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC), and Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) for giving mass occupation linked skill preparing for the chose youth. Anil Baijal is the current Lieutenant Governor of Delhi.
- IAEA Opens Atomic Fuel Reserve in Kazakhstan
The International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) chose to open the Low Enriched Uranium Bank in Kazakhstan. The IAEA opened the bank to supply nuclear fuel in case of disturbance because of political or market issues. The reserve will store 90 tons of Low-Enriched Uranium (LEU), the fundamental ingredient required to make the fuel for light-water nuclear reactors, which produce electricity. The IAEA is an international association that tries to advance the serene utilization of atomic energy. The office was built up as a self-ruling association in 1957.It is headquartered in Vienna.
- Freyr Energy Ties up With Axis Bank
Solar energy services organization Freyr Energy has tied up with Axis Bank to offer term loans running from Rs 5 lakh to Rs 50 lakh for tenures up to five years, for solar rooftop establishments in Telangana and Andhra Pradesh. The loan will be given to MSMEs and self-employed people to install Freyr rooftop solar plants for commercial and industrial purposes. Shikha Sharma is the current CEO and MD of Axis Bank. The Headquarter of Axis bank is in Mumbai.
- NITI Aayog Announced Winners of the Women Transforming India Awards 2017
NITI Aayog, in association with MyGov and the United Nations, declared the champs of the Women Transforming India Awards, 2017. Propelled on International Women’s Day on 8 March, the challenge expected to gather lesser-own stories of women leading change. Honourable Minister for Textiles and Information and Broadcasting, Smriti Irani has granted best 12 winners, respecting their courage and part in changing societies.
Top 6 Contestants-
- Laxmi Agarwal-a champion of violence against ladies.
- Safeena Husain-working for young ladies’ education in India’s most in backward
- Kamal Kumbhar-empowering ladies like herself to understand their dreams of a brighter tomorrow.
- Subasini Mistry-laboring for two decades to fabricate a doctor’s facility for the needy.
- Arunima Sinha-Is the first female amputee to scale the highest mountain in the world.
- Jamuna Tudu-has preserved 50 hectares of forest land around her village in
- BSE Board affirmed an additional 5-year Term for Ashish Chauhan as CEO
Top stock exchange BSE’s board has affirmed an additional five-year term for its CEO Ashish Chauhan. Ashish has joined BSE as a vice president official officer (CEO) in 2009. He became MD and CEO for a period of 5 years with effect from 02.11.2012. Mr. Chauhan will be BSE’s Managing Director and CEO until November 1, 2022.