IBPS Specialist Officer SO Exam Pattern, Syllabus and Eligibility Criteria :IBPS conducts Common Written Examination(CWE) for recruiting Specialist Officers(SO) in various nationalized as well as public sector banks in the country. Huge Number of candidates appear each year for getting selected in various Scale-I posts like IT Officer, Agricultural Field Officer, Rajbhasha Adhikari, Law Officer, HR/Personnel Officer and Marketing Officer. So, interested in Specialist Officer Post?
IBPS Specialist Officer SO Exam
Well, a total of 19 Public Sector Banks takes part in filling up vacant posts through this written exam followed by which Interview marks the end of recruitment process. So, if you have made up your mind for writing IBPS Specialist Officer SO exam in coming days, then take a look into the basic details of the written examination. Here it comes.
IBPS Specialist Officer Exam Eligibility Criteria
- I.T Officer Scale-I Post:
- Candidates should have done 4 year Engineering Degree in Computer Science / Information Technology/ Computer Applications /Electronics & Telecommunications/ Electronics/ Electronics & Communication/ Electronics & Instrumentation OR Post Graduate Degree in Electronics/ Electronics & Tele Communication/ Electronics & Communication/ Electronics & Instrumentation/ Computer Science/ Information Technology/ Computer Applications OR Graduate having passed DOEACC ‘B’ level.
- For Rajbhasha Adhikari Scale-I Post:
- Candidates should have done Post Graduate Degree in Hindi with English as a subject at degree (graduation) level OR Post graduate degree in Sanskrit with English and Hindi as subjects at the degree (graduation) level.
- For Law Officer Scale-I Post:
- Candidates should have done A Bachelor Degree in Law (LLB) and enrolled as an advocate with Bar Council.
- Agricultural Officer Scale-I Post:
- Candidates should have done 4 year Degree (graduation) in Agriculture/ Animal Husbandry/ Horticulture/ Veterinary Science/ Agri.Engineering/ Dairy Science/ Fishery Science/ Pisciculture/ Agri Marketing & Cooperation/ Co-operation & Banking/ Agro-Forestry.
- HR/Personnel Officer Scale-I Post:
- Candidates should have done graduate and full time Post Graduate degree or Full time Post Graduate diploma in Personnel Management / Industrial Relations/ HRD/ HR/Social Work / Labour Law.
- For Marketing Officer Scale-I Post:
- Candidates should have done graduation and Full time MBA (Marketing) / Full time 2 years PGDBA / PGDBM with specialization in Marketing.
IBPS Specialist Officer Exam Pattern
- The written examination will be of 2hours duration, and will consist of 200 objective type questions. There will be 0.25 Negative marking for each wrong answer.
- Law Officer And Rajbhasha Adhikari Scale-I Post:
- English Language Questions :25 Marks
- Reasoning Type :50 Marks
- General Awareness:50 Marks
- Professional Knowledge :75 Marks
- IT Officer Scale I, Agricultural Field Officer Scale I, HR/ Personnel Officer Scale I &Marketing Officer Scale I:
- English Language Section :25 Marks
- Reasoning Section :50 Marks
- Quantitative Aptitude Section :50 Marks
- Professional Knowledge :75 Marks
IBPS SO Exam Syllabus
- Quantitative Aptitude:
- Date Interpretation Part: Pie Chart, Bar Graph, Tabulation, Line graph.
- Arithmetic Part: Number System, Ratio & proportion, LCM & HCF, Time & distance, Average, Profit & Loss, Simple & Compound Interest, Geometry, Trigonometry, Statistics, Mensuration
- Verbal Reasoning Part: Number Series, Statement & Argument, Verbal Reasoning, Letter & symbol series, Coding-decoding, Making Judgement, Blood Relation.
- Non-Verbal Reasoning Part: Classification, Series Completion, Finding missing figure
- Synonyms, Antonyms, Verb, Error Correction, Tenses, Fill in the blanks, Reading Comprehension, Unseen passages, Vocabulary
- General Awareness Part:
- Questions from general day-to-day topics related to banking sector will be asked in this portion.
- Professional Knowledge:
- Questions in this portion will be basically asked to test your knowledge in the subject for which you have applied. Important Topics will mostly be asked in this section. For example if you have applied for I.T Officer post, then questions will be asked to test your Computer Knowledge.
Best Of Luck For Your Exam Guys!
Stay Tuned To Our Govt Jobs Website For All Latest Recruitment News And Updates!