SBI PO Main Exam Last Minute Tips and Tricks
Looking for the last minute preparation tricks for the SBI PO Mains Examination? Get all the last minute tips and tricks before appearing in the SBI PO Mains written examination that is scheduled on 31st of July 2016.
The State Bank of India (SBI) has officially announced the opening of Probationary Officer Posts in the country. A large number of candidates applied for the posts from all across the country. The interested candidates who want to apply for the said post have to appear in a written examination. The examination is conducted by the State Bank of India. Candidates have to appear in the examination on 31st of July 2016.
To help the candidates to prepare for the SBI PO Mains Examination, here we are providing the last minute tricks of how to overcome the examination with flying colours.
So, to prepare for the examination first we need to focus on the examination pattern, i.e. the time duration, section wise marks distribution, etc. that is prepared by the SBI Examination Board.
- English Language: Total numbers of questions are 30 and each question carries 1 mark. So, total mark is 30.
- Quantitative Aptitude: Total numbers of questions are 35 and each question carries 1 mark. Total mark is 35.
- Reasoning Ability: Total numbers of questions are 35 and each question carries 1 mark. Total mark is 35.
- The total marks for the examination is 100 and the time duration for this paper is 1 Hour.
Analyse the above mentioned pattern and prepare for the upcoming examination accordingly. The most important thing to keep in mind is the time management during the examination. Give the adequate amount of time for each section. Spend time on the question that you know and leave the least known question to do at the last.
Last Minute Tricks to Brush Up Your Preparation
- Firstly at this point, there is no time to learn something new. Rather, revise all the chapters that you have covered and prepared for the examination.
- Secondly, pen down all the important topics and hang on your wall so that it will help you in revising at the last moment.
- Divide the time section wise. How much time will you give for the particular section and so on?
- If you have any confusion regarding any topic, jot it down and analyse it at your spare time.
- As this is the last moment for the examination, don’t go for studies with friends. Rather, choose a place where no one can disturb you. Prepare with a cool mind.
- Try to practice all the questions from the SBI PO question bank.
- In the examination center, don’t attempt the question that you least know. Try to do all the questions that you know properly. Attempt the least known questions after finishing the paper. This will save your time.
- Don’t waste time on a single question. Time management is very important.
Here are the Section Wise Preparation Tips
- English Language
In this section, there will be 30 questions and each question carries 1 mark. The questions will be generally on Reading Comprehension, Cloze test, Fill in the blanks, Sentence correction, Spot the errors and Rearrangement of Sentences, etc.
So, in this section attempt the questions that you know well. Like you can attempt the fill in the blanks and the reading arrangement section at first as it doesn’t require much time and in the second turn attempt the other left out part. If you are weak in Grammar, learn all the grammar rules properly. If we talk about the time duration for this section, you can give 15 minutes maximum to this section.
- Quantitative Aptitude
This section has 35 questions which carry 35 marks in total. The questions will be based on Data Interpretation, Number Series, and Miscellaneous questions like profit and loss, age, average, simple and compound interest, boat and stream, time and work, area, etc.
In this section, you need a proper practice. So, firstly attempt the questions that will consume lesser time than other questions and then attempt rest of the time-consuming questions. The time that you can give for this section is not more than 25 minutes.
- Reasoning Ability
This section also carries 35 marks in total for 35 questions. It includes puzzles (linear seating arrangement, seating arrangement, floor based), syllogism (expected), Inequality, Coding – Decoding.
This section requires roughly 20 minutes at max.
- Keep the speed and accuracy during the examination.
- Time management is very important, don’t waste your time
- Reach the examination center before time to feel comfortable with the surroundings.
- Keep everything easy and simple
- Don’t forget to take all the essentials to the examination center like admit card, pen, photo ID card, etc.
- Don’t take any stress during the examination. Take a deep breath and appear in the examination.
Wish you all the best for your upcoming SBI PO Mains examination. Do well and come up with flying colours.
For more information on SBI PO examination don’t hesitate to ping us or you can also visit our website to get all the latest updates.